Well I made a little boo-boo when making this salsa, so it didn’t turn out that well. Instead of dicing the avocados, I mashed them to make a gaucamole. Unfortunately, the dressing mixed with the avocado was way too vinegar-y. If I had diced the avocados, the dressing would have lightly coated the ingredients instead of being fully incorporated into everything. I would definitely try this again with diced avocados. I also roasted the corn, which wasn’t necessary because it made the corn a little chewy. I managed to salvage my guacamole by adding a lot of sugar, but it still wasn’t that great. I made 1/2 of the recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (2.25 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained (left out)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (I used 1 chopped roma tomato)
- 1 small onion, chopped (I used 1/3 of a red onion)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil (I didn’t use the full amount)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
- In a large bowl, mix corn, olives, red bell pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour into the corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
- Stir avocados into the mixture before serving.