So our grill is pretty crappy, so I wasn’t able to get good grill marks like I wanted on my chicken, but that’s the only negative thing I could say about this chicken. I marinated chicken thighs overnight, then grilled for about 10 minutes. It might have gone a little faster if I had closed the grill more, but the chicken ended up being nicely cooked. The marinade gave it a really good flavor and I didn’t have any problems with the texture or taste. This was such a good chicken, and I wish I had made more!
Greek Chicken (All Recipes)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 (4 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- In a glass dish, mix the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, oregano, and lemon juice. Place the chicken pieces in the mixture, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the grill, and discard the marinade. Cook chicken pieces up to 15 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Smaller pieces will not take as long.