This is so addictive…I couldn’t stop eating it! My only change was that I only used about 1/2 of the bag of white chocolate chips, to make it a little less bad for me. A few pieces were cheated and didn’t get coated, so I could see why others use the full bag. But I’m good just using half. Or maybe just a little more than half, haha. I also added a little extra peanut butter.
Update – I made this again, adding pretzels and raisins. I also used most of the bag of white chocolate chips and I used white chocolate peanut butter.
from Kitchen Klique
1 bag microwave buttered popcorn
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 (12 oz) package white chocolate chips
1 cup Cheerios (you can use Coco Krispies, Rice Krispies, or any other cereal)
2/3 cup M&M’s (or whatever candy you like)
1. Microwave the bag of buttered popcorn and set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl, microwave the peanut butter and package of white chocolate chips until smooth (in 30 second increments).
3. Take popcorn out of bag by hand, so you don’t get any unpopped kernels, and put in a large mixing bowl. Add Cheerios to popcorn and mix. Slowly pour in the melted chips and peanut butter and mix into the bowl until it’s all coated.
4. Add M&M’s or candy of choice. Spread mixture onto waxed paper on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for about an hour.
5. Break popcorn up into clusters and serve in a big bowl. Store in the fridge so it doesn’t get to melty.