This was a great way to spice up frozen corn. I only used 2 tbsp butter. It had good flavor, and didn’t need any ingredients I didn’t already have. It would be nice to adapt this to fresh corn, and make a flavored butter using the ingredients.
- 1 small green onion (about 1/4-1/3 cup)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup butter (no subs!)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or more to suit taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt, or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
In a 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish, combine all ingredients; cover with a lid.
Microwave on high for 6-7 minutes or until corn is tender and sauce is bubbling, stirring 2 or 3 times.