I scaled down this recipe a ton, and ended up eyeballing everything, but the combo of spices makes one tasty snack mix. I might have over-seasoned a tiny bit, it was strong! I really liked my addition of popcorn, but the texture changes by day two. I didn’t mind, but some people might. I would love to add bugles or chex. I think i’ll make this again soon, because I didn’t have any dill.
Ranch pretzels and goldfish (All Recipes)
* 1/2 cup butter-flavored popcorn oil (such as Orville Redenbacher ®) – I used canola oil
* 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix (such as Hidden Valley Ranch ®)
* 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 6 cups mini pretzels
* 3 (6 ounce) packages bite-size Cheddar cheese fish crackers
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
2. Stir the popcorn oil, ranch dressing mix, dill weed, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl; add the pretzels and fish crackers and stir to coat evenly. Spread the mixture onto two jelly roll pans.
3. Bake in the preheated oven, stirring once, until lightly toasted, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer mixture to a flat surface lined with waxed paper to cool.