I don’t think I’ll be trying to make pizza at home anytime soon. Why bother, when there are so many amazing pizza places that have the advantage of a wood oven and all I have is an oven and a cheap-o metal pizza pan.
So this dip was a great way to get pizza flavor without going to the pizza place. I used Italian seasoning instead of just oregano. I threw a little mozzarella into the creamy layer also. I didn’t bother to mix the creamy layer with the sauce and I just spread it on top. I broiled after 15 minutes of baking to brown the top some.
To dip, I served homemade ciabatta slices toasted with garlic butter from All Recipes.
Baked Pepperoni Pizza Dip (Kittencal)
SERVES 6 -8
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (low fat please!)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (some recipes don’t bother with sour cream. I had it, so I used it)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/3-1/2 cup pizza sauce (Kittencal’s homemade)
- Chopped pepperoni (as much as you want)
- 2-3 finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (can use more)
- 3 tbsp shredded parmesan
Stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, oregano and garlic and pizza sauce in a small bowl until blended and smooth.
Spread the mixture into a large pie plate.
Top with pepperoni and green onions.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle mozzeralla cheese over the dip in the pan.
Top with parmesan cheese.
Bake for 5-7 minutes or more or until the cheese has melted and dip is heated through.