My adapted spread + seasoned cucumber slices + mesquite turkey + soft bread = great sandwich. I used the following two recipes as a guide, but made some adaptations. I used ranch dressing mix, but I would love to try Italian seasoning and dill next time. I really liked the ranch though, and the green onions. Most recipes don’t have green onions, but I’m glad I choose to add them.
There are a million different variations on this spread concept, all over the internet.
1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, grated, and drained of moisture
1 bunch scallions, white parts plus two inches of green parts, finely chopped
8 oz. cream cheese, softened (I used low-fat cream cheese)
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1-2 drops green food coloring
8 slices white bread, crusts removed
3 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1/2 English cucumber, unpeeled
- 2 ounces whipped cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 5 slices white bread, cut very thin (slice regular pieces in half if you have to)
- 5 slices whole wheat bread, cut very thin (slice regular pieces in half if you have to)