I really liked the idea and the flavors, but unfortunately it was a little too mushy and gummy. I should have cooked it longer, at least 40 minutes. I wanted a fluffier texture, but my impatience forced me to turn up the oven to brown it faster. Lesson learned!
I added more parmesan and a big handful shredded mozzarella. That could have contributed to the wetness also. Next time I’ll limit the cheese inside and sprinkle some on top. Kittencal has a version that I’ll look at next time.
Zucchini Brunch Bake (All Recipes)
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I used minced garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (I used Italian seasoning so I wouldn’t)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, cheese, garlic powder, seasoning salt, oregano, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir in onion, eggs and oil; stir well. Stir in zucchini. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.