This would be great for a party. It’s fun, easy, and it tastes good. I adapted it so it would fit in my mom’s bundt pan. I used 10 cups light butter popcorn (1 1/2 bags), 1 10.5 oz bag mini marshmallows, 5 tbsp butter, a little less than 1/4 cup oil, and 1 cup (frozen) M&Ms. Honey roasted peanuts would be a great addition!
I looked at this recipe for tips and proportions. I also looked at Miss Hilda’s Popcorn Cake recipe, which is the same thing. Most important tips: spray bundt pan REALLY well (mine had no problems coming out) and let set upside down in the fridge. A few hours is good.
Popcorn Cake 1 (All Recipes)
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 pound candy-coated chocolate pieces
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pound marshmallows
- Mix popcorn, M&Ms, and peanuts in large bowl.
- Heat oil, butter, and marshmallows in pan until melted. Pour over popcorn and blend together with heavy spoon or hands.
- Spray Bundt cake pan with vegetable spray. Press mixture lightly into pan and refrigerate until cool.
- To remove cake from pan, put pan in warm water, then turn upside down until cake comes out.