Every own has their own mix of butter spread and their own technique for making these awesome sandwiches. This is mine! I looked a like 5 different adaptations and came up with proportions that are easy to remember. Most people spread the butter on either the inside of the sandwich or on top. I couldn’t decide, so I did both! I didn’t even use all of the butter. I probably could have gotten away with 1/2 a stick. These can be refrigerated for up to a day before baking, or frozen.
Hot and Melty Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp mustard, yellow or dijon – I went with yellow today
- 1 tbsp minced onion (I used dried minced onion because we had some)
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Swiss cheese
- Ham (I used my own honey baked ham, cut in thick pieces. I quartered the slices and put two on each sandwich. Well, actually, my mom did. )
- Poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix first four ingredients in a small bowl.
- Split rolls in half. Brush a little of the butter mix on the bottom of the bread.
- Place chopped or sliced ham on bottom of roll and top with cheese.
- Place tops on sandwiches and spoon the rest of the butter on top of the sandwiches. Sprinkle poppy seeds on top.
- Place in pan and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, then uncover for 2 minutes.