More please! This was really, really good. Raw spinach isn’t the most exciting thing in the world, but the dressing really makes it delicious. And it went perfectly with the delicious Central Market strawberries. As always, I cut down on the oil, and a little bit on the vinegar. I used 1/2 balsamic and 1/2 white vinegar. For the minced onion, I used dried minced onion. I discovered the spice bins at Central Market (which totally made my day!) and was able to get the needed amount of almonds, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds.
Erin didn’t really like it, because she doesn’t like raw spinach. She said she would have liked it with lettuce.
Strawberry Spinach Salad (All Recipes)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 10 ounces fresh spinach – rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries – cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.