I wanted to jazz up some fruit, so I went hunting for a simple dressing recipe. I made lots of adjustments, so I can’t even say I followed the recipe. I had some mango, kiwi, and grapes, but I would love to add some of the other fruits listed. My lime was being pretty stubborn, so I added some extra zest and I poured in some limeade that was in the fridge. It was really yummy, and it was a nice way to add a little extra something to fruit. Maybe later I’ll add a little cinnamon.
Tangy Poppy Seed Fruit Salad (All Recipes)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks – drained with juice reserved
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 kiwi — peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, toss pineapple, orange, kiwi, grapes and strawberries. In a small cup or bowl, combine lime zest, lime juice, honey, poppy seeds and 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice. Stir well and toss with fruit.