Great for summer! All the yummy tastes of crab cakes without the frying. I made a few changes, and next time I would make a few more. I only used 2 tbsp mayo, and it was plenty. I also left out the celery seed, and next time I would leave out the celery. I might replace it with cucumber or something. We used a heaping tsp Old Bay, but it was a little too much for me. I only had maybe 2/3 lb or a little less of crab. I marinated the crab in my homemade Italian dressing. This was great over some romaine lettuce leaves!
Crab Salad (Maryland) – All Recipes
Serves 4 (I think a lot more)
- 1 lb crabmeat, fresh (can use other suggested seafood)
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing (to marinate the crab)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (to taste, if prefer spicy go up to 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (important to use Dukes or Hellman’s)
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1 small spring onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard (Dijon can be subbed)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (add more for additional spicy taste)
- Carefully comb through crab meat for any extra shells.
- Making sure not to break up crab, marinate crab pieces with Italian dressing for about 1 hour. But if you don’t get a chance, ten minutes works well too.
- Mix all other ingredients in a medium bowl thoroughly.
- Add crab meat mixture to mayonnaise mixture and mix with spatula, again not to break up pieces.
- You can either cool in fridge for an hour or two, or you can eat directly.