It’s taken me a long time to write about these, just because I made them on my birthday and I was pretty busy. And then I started cooking like crazy, and I just never got around to it. But these definitely deserve a post, because they were really delicious. I picked these because I figured everyone would make fun of me making my own birthday dessert. But with this recipe, at least I could tell them it was really easy and it took hardly any time at all. I love how many different mix-ins I get to throw in! Everyone thought these were amazing, even though I’m still working on figuring out my new oven and they might have been a tiny bit overbaked.
M&M Dream Bars (RZ or Food.com)
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup M&M’
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine oatmeal, brown sugar, flour, coconut, baking soda, and salt; add melted butter and stir until moist (the mixture will be crumbly). Reserve 1 1/2 cups and press remaining crumbs into a greased 13X9-inch baking pan (I line the pan with non-stick foil.).
- Bake 12 minutes at 375°F.
- Combine milk and peanut butter; carefully spread over baked crust. Sprinkle on M&M’s and chocolate chips. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over chocolate pieces and lightly press crumbs down.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting.