I feel like I’ve made this before, but I figured I’d do a post on it this time. I had to use dried herbs this time, but I think fresh makes it just a tiny bit better. I used my favorite buttermilk brine from Kittencal and my breading was adapted from a Racheal Ray recipe for chicken tenders. I added mozzarella and parmesan to the top and broiled, then served with a really good marinara sauce. Tyler Florence has a really good recipe for chicken parmesan that I looked at also.
Chicken Parmesan (Somewhat from Rachael Ray)
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders (4 chicken breasts)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten with 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups Italian style bread crumbs (I added panko)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 6 sprigs or stems fresh thyme leaves, stripped and chopped, 2 to 3 tablespoons
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped, 3 tablespoons
- 2 handfuls chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Best Marinara Sauce (All Recipes)
Serves 8, 150 calories per serving
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup white wine
- In a food processor place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.