I didn’t have high hopes for this, but I thought the flavor combos were interesting. I oversalted the cabbage (it only needs 1 tsp for every handful), so overall the dish was too salty. However, the flavor combos were fun and I would definitely make this again. Here is the recipe how I made it. I combined Alton’s Recipe and a popular recipe from All Recipes.
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups thinly sliced green, red, or napa cabbage
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic.
- In a large bowl, mix the green cabbage, red cabbage, napa cabbage, red bell peppers, carrots, green onions, and cilantro. Toss with the peanut butter mixture just before serving.
1/5 of the recipe is 184 calories according to the original All Recipes recipe.