This is from Life’s Ambrosia. They were really tasty!
You will need:
- 15-20 round pickle slices
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup flour, divided
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs, crush a little
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- kosher salt
- oil for frying, such as canola or vegetable
- Lay pickle slices on a paper towel and pat dry.
- In bowl whisk together egg, milk, a couple drops of hot sauce, Worcestershire and 1/4 cup flour.
- In another bowl mix together remaining 1/4 cup flour, panko bread crumbs, garlic powder and ground pepper.
- Dip a dried pickle into batter then dredge into panko mixture to coat completely. Transfer to a plate, repeat with remaining pickles. Allow to sit while the oil heats.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil starts to shimmer, sprinkle in a pinch of flour. If it sizzles the oil is hot enough. Fry pickles in batches until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Serve immediately.