I loved loved the combo of apricot preserves, roast beef, havarti, and dijon mustard. My mom loved it too, but Jacob and Erin weren’t crazy about it. Make sure the roast beef is chopped pretty small. I used a recipe from Our Best Bite for the World’s Best Dinner Rolls. They were a little big for mini sandwiches but they were delicious!
Hot Roast Beef Party Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 (12 oz.) packages party rolls (I used King’s Hawaiian Hawaiian Sweet Roll 12 pack)
- 2/3 cup peach preserves (apricot would also be yummy)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey dijon mustard
- 2 ( 7 oz) packages thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into 1 inch strips (I used Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh Slow Roasted Beef)
- 8 slices or 1 (6 oz.) package of sliced Havarti cheese
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Remove rolls from packages. (Do not separate rolls.) Cut rolls in half horizontally, creating 1 top and 1 bottom per package. Spread preserves on bottom side of rolls (1/3 cup per package); sprinkle with pecans (1/4 cup per package) . Top with cheese slices followed with roast beef.
- Mix together the mustard and mayo. Spread the mustard-mayonnaise mixture on the top side of rolls; top with roast beef and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired. Place the top of rolls on the other halves with the beef, and wrap sandwiches in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice into individual sandwiches. Serve immediately.
Note: These can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, may require 5 more minutes of baking. Also can be prepared ahead and frozen. Defrost in refrigerator overnight and bake as directed.