Yum! Basically a baked pasta without the baking. Slightly creamy from the bechamel and saucy from the marinara.
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked in water then marinated in olive oil, salt, and Italian seasoning
- 3 oz orechiette pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, small diced (could use onion and garlic minced)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ish basil, oregano, Italian seasoning
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 oz cheese – I used mozzarella for half, and the other half was a mix of gruyere, parmesan, and a tiny bit of aged cheddar
- 1 cup marinara sauce blended and thinned with sun dried tomato soaking water
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 stacks pepperoni cut into fourths
- Chopped green onion and parsley
Add the cheese into the béchamel and melt before adding the marinara.